Friday, October 23, 2009

pros & cons

Pro: Alice came to town and we got pedicures and flexed our artistic muscles at Sips N Strokes
Con: The people in the apartment above me partied until 4 a.m., so I woke up at 7 already in dire need of a nap.

Pro: I finally pulled out my favorite sweater-- it's light blue and soft and thin, so I can wrap it around me-- because the weather finally felt just right.
Con: I burned my finger on my straight this morning and, as the over-used but adorable British toddler quote goes, "It's still hurting."

Pro: I turned the radio on just in time to hear "Party in the U.S.A." in its entirety-- the perfect start to a Friday morning.
Con: I hit every red light on the way to work.

Pro: My project at work today is to create a box maze for the fall festival, so basically I've been constructing my own personal playground at work.
Con: The air-conditioner is not on, so I've already broken a sweat trying to wrestly the mismatched boxed together and bind them with duct tape.

Pro: Tonight is much-anticipated girls' night, complete with fruity drinks, colorful pajamas, and the promise of lots of talk about weddings, engagements, and boys.
Con: I must fit a nap in before girls' night; nobody wants to be the first to fall asleep at a slumber party.

Pro: it's FRIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment