You know, I meant to write this post last Wednesday, after a much-needed dinner with Erica and Anna on Tuesday night. We went to try out Guntersville's newest dining establishment, The Lakehouse, then grabbed a Blizzard before watching the season finale of Glee (although, we lost Anna somewhere between blizzards and Glee). The three of us haven't been together at the same time in something close to six months, but you'd never know. As soon as we arrived at The Lakehouse, we picked up where we left off. It was refreshing and healing and everything I needed.
I would've written about it Wednesday, but I woke up and hit the ground running to get back to Tuscaloosa for lunch with Erika at Panera. From there, I had just the perfect amount of time for grocery shopping before Chasley arrived for a few days in Tuscaloosa.
At the end of each day over the past week, one theme has danced around in my mind: blessings. So many blessings. Outrageous, unnecessary, undeserved blessings. From much-needed catch-up time with A&E to dolling up with Chasley for no particular reason... My life is oh-so-good right now.
Chasley and I met up with Boyfriend two nights in a row for trivia and some dancing-- mostly, Chasley danced and we all looked on in awe. I earned my place in trivia with a clutch answer about the Bastille (I knew my useless knowledge about the Marie Antoinette era would come in handy some time), which was really the accomplishment of my week. Well, that's debatable really-- Friday night I cooked dinner for Boyfriend, which could have been make-or-break considering his palette is somewhat limited... that is, there are approximately two things he eats outside of meat. I, on the other hand, am a borderline vegetarian... so finding a compatible meal for both of us was kind of huge.
On Saturday, Boyfriend met the extended family on my mom's side. If nothing else had happened all week, a day with my family would have called for a blessings blog on it's own. We told the same familiar stories-- even Melinda, who's still in the single digits, was able to correct one story saying, "That was Uncle Lance not Aunt Debbie!"-- and added several new anecdotes to the repertoire. I got to airplane my niece around a sufficient amount to make me sore the next day, and I ate enough homemade ice cream to make my skirt just a teensy bit too tight at church the next day... but so worth it.
I spent Memorial Day with Kat and Abby and Boyfriend laying out by the pool, reading and trying not to drown-- hello, when you're scraping 5'3, a 5' pool depth makes hanging out a little more strenuous; everyone else is just lounging about while I'm fully en pointe. Today, my skin is pink and sore to the touch, but, once again, so worth it. Between the incredible friendships I have, the new boyfriend who puts up with my eccentricities and even manages to seem amused by them, and the family that I fiercely adore... it's a good life. It's a very, very blessed life.
This blog post makes me happy :) Dinner was exactly what I needed too.
ReplyDelete