A few weeks ago, I was sitting in my bedroom working on my homework in my pajamas when my dad called me upstairs. I headed upstairs without a second thought-- pajama-clad, no make-up... ya know, summer grunge. Color me shocked when I see our church's youth minister standing in my living room. The last time Russell and I had a chat was just a week after "the break-up," so you can imagine it was weepy and difficult. I immediately thought I had walked into some kind of intervention.
Okay, so it's noon and I'm still in my pajamas and haven't washed my face, but it's summer! I'm fine, really, 100 percent. Totally okay. Healed and renewed, hopeful and glad.
Those are the thoughts that were swirling through my head as I thought we were about to have an impromptu counseling session in my living room. But no-- and again, I kick myself for being surprised at God' blessings-- instead Russell asked me to lead a girls' group at this year's Disciple Now.
I've posted a few of my little grad school nuggets, so you may know that I feel very drawn to work with middle school and high school girls. For months now I've been praying for God to use me in some way, whether through church activity or just a moment's conversation when I'm subbing, in this age group. I am beyond thrilled about this calling.
I printed off the lesson plans tonight, and this is huge. So huge. God's going to do an amazing work in the youth of Guntersville in August, and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. So this is a call to prayer for anyone reading-- that God will begin working on the hearts of the students, that God will use me as a vessel for His works, that lives will be changed and souls won for Him.
I mean, really, I'd be just as excited about going to Disney World.
No comments:
Post a Comment