Monday, February 21, 2011

...oh so pretty...

I'm a sweatpants and t-shirt kind of girl. While I do love to dress up, there is little that is more comforting to me than to come home to my favorite pair of Auburn sweatpants, an oversized long-sleeved t-shirt, and my fuzzy Patagonia pullover. If I'm feeling really froggy, I'll even pull on a pair of fluffy pink socks, even though I'm more of a barefoot kind of girl. My at-home uniform makes me oddly lazy though because, honestly, what more do you want to do when bedecked in your most comfortable duds than cozy up on the couch with a few reruns of your favorite shows... or "programs" as my babysitter always called them.

Having moped around in them for half a week though, today I left them in a pile on the floor. I felt like Fancy in Reba McEntire's 90's hit as I took tedious care getting dressed to come to campus. I carefully curled my hair and blasted it with hair spray; I dabbed on my favorite lip gloss and stretched out my lashes with some serious mascara. I picked out a dress I haven't worn in too long and paired it with jewelry I wear too much, and on the way out the door I spritzed myself with perfume and threw on the highest heels I own.

No special occasion. No interview or presentation. No hot date or evening plans. Just the same old run-of-the-mill Monday: clinic hours and class.

But some days you just need to feel pretty. And most of those days are Mondays... and this Monday, I feel pretty.

A little overdressed maybe... but pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment